SNOOP – 12mL bottle
- Dark blue color provides strong contrast with dentin and the pulp
- Allows accurate detection of infected dentin
- Increased reliability, no error
Carious dentin is made up of two distinct layers:
• The layer of outer infected dentin is soft, discolored, non-vital, nonsensitive, cannot remineralize, should be removed and is stained by Snoop in 10 seconds.
• The layer of inner uninfected (affected) dentin is not infused with bacteria, is capable of remineralizing, should not be removed and is not stained by Snoop in 10 seconds.
Snoop™ distinguishes between outer infected and inner affected dentin in 10 seconds. Snoop identifies infected carious dentin and helps the practitioner preserve vital dentin that should not be removed. The caries detecting dye stains the denatured collagen that is only present in the outer infected dentin. This is an important tool for conservative dentistry.
Position your mouse over a picture to see its description: